Tim provides tips on how to know if one should write a book.

Learn more about Tim’s new book here: https://tribeofmentors.com

About Tim Ferriss:
Tim Ferriss is one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Business People” and an early-stage tech investor/advisor in Uber, Facebook, Twitter, Shopify, Duolingo, Alibaba, and 50+ other companies. He is also the author of five #1 New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers: The 4-Hour Workweek, The 4-Hour Body, The 4-Hour Chef, Tools of Titans and Tribe of Mentors. The Observer and other media have named him “the Oprah of audio” due to the influence of his podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show, which has exceeded 200 million downloads and been selected for “Best of iTunes” three years running.

Connect with Tim Ferriss:
Visit the Tim Ferriss PODCAST: https://bit.ly/2rYjUBr
Visit the Tim Ferriss BLOG: http://bit.ly/17jDHw3
Like Tim Ferriss on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1avYUxq
Follow Tim Ferriss on TWITTER: http://bit.ly/17d94TE
Follow Tim Ferriss on INSTAGRAM: http://bit.ly/2IfH37J
Follow Tim Ferriss on INSTAGRAM: http://bit.ly/2IfH37J

• JacobLZP

probably not

• New Beginning

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I just started writing last month and I'm really eager to finish the book. I sense something special ahead

• FNU alice

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

i have 20k words now. i think it is going to be a bestseller and win awards. fingers crossed

• Banu Joy

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

You are absolutely brilliant! I loved this advice and your candid sharing!

• Abdel Kader Soudani

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

Thanks, so I won't bother than, it was a very remote desire that I know I'll probably drop it for anything else, can't think of it a priority

• Strike

who's Andrew Ogasee ?

• Eman DeMoan

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

You have such a bad vibe tbh, you have a "I'm right" attitude.

• George Hartwell

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

For the period of a year can you make this your priority. I what way did you reformat something about your life. Are there lessons learned that need to get out of your mind? Could it change the life of one or two people?

• Ileana Ayabar

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I wrote my book. I been having a lot of doubts but I had to leave it out of my mind.. thank you!

• Kevin McElligott

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

Maybe some big Tim Ferris fan can help me. I'm looking for a book that was mentioned in his podcast about how to write. The book itself had a picture of a cd rom on the front. It was mentioned in one of tim's podcasts but I can't remember which one.

• Peter Cook

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

Great video. I find his comment that a mediocre book is worse then no book interesting. Seth Godin has a great piece in his book, This is Marketing about the value of shipping good enough work. I expect that Tim means that if your book is related to your business then a mediocre book will be a liability because people may misinterpret it which could be the source of a lot of ongoing headaches down through the years. Still great advice. Wish I'd watched this before I started 🙂

• Gabe Mott

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

Love the strong opinion and passion of advice and I would LOVE to see a conversation with an author who could believably argue that just writing is the most important– that a mediocre book is NOT less on your record than not writing at all.

• Kari Short

Great video 💖 TY🙏

• Taga Way

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

The only reason why I would write a book is because my cousins keep telling me that I should write a book, because I write a lot, lol.
    But I know that's not a right reason to do it.
    Plus, english is not my first language.
    So I'll have to put extra work on it.
    And pay really well some one to check it out, and pulish it.

If anything, I'll write it for the meme of it, and go tru the process of making 10 copies just to give out to family, as a joke.

U know?

And yes, it will be a mediocre book, I know 😉
    ♡♡♡

• SHE3e23

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

#timferriss 4 Day changed my world. Thank You.

• Keep moving forward

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

It was less painful to put it out than keep it in our head.

very nice.

• ren

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I like that your VA has written the description! hehe

• Vaquero 357

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

why do people feel the need to drop F-bombs to try and make their point more 'forceful'? all it does is make the person look ignorant. cursing is not a sign of intelligence.

• Kyle Carpenter

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

It's all comes down to the "What's Your Why?" question.

• Alina O

"Writing is frustration. Frustration and humiliation." – Philip Roth

• The Jeremy Jude

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

Depends on why you’re writing the book. You could write a book for fun in 3 months. I find it’s therapeutic, like watching Netflix in my own mind.

• Ian McRae

I should write a book

• TASHHHH

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I do have something that keeps me up at night thinking about it. It's been years. It's nothing that will ever be read by anyone, but I should probably get it over with and write it down, according to your advice.

• Ioana Scurt

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

This look suits you better. 🙂

• k14pc

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

not gonna write a book, ok got it lol

• Annemarie Allen

Love the random side shots, Tim 🤗😛

• Joe Plummer

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

Ha, I like the new look (shaved head / goatee). Then again, I'm probably biased. 🙂

• Authentic Self Growth

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I started kindle publishing at the beginning of the year. I have written almost 10 books this year. Around 20K words each. It was soul destroying. Takes a hell of alot of will power!

• Beamer

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I've wanted to be an author for years. I've gone through periods of high productivity to no productivity. I always feel trapped in this weird place where I spend most of my time alone and end up thinking, "If I can't even find people to hang out with on a Friday/Saturday night why is anyone going to care what I have to say?"

• Kris Backhouse

January 7, 2021 - 3:13 am

I always though Tim Ferris wrote the 4 hour work week because of the personal issues he was experience when launching a product called brain quicken?