What are the pros and cons of publishing with Amazon? Is self publishing on Amazon a good idea? Get the best overview of self publishing on Amazon – pros and cons – in this video.

———-

✅ Discover the Amazon KDP Select Pros and Cons

✅ Find out how to self publish without Amazon

================================

🔥 Learn how to publish books that sell! Subscribe at https://www.youtube.com/selfpublishingwithdale?sub_confirmation=1
🤔 Get more perks & bonuses as a channel member. Details are at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKv8xcrFntOERL7NUXgkypg/join

================================

Get premium tools & services I use and wholeheartedly endorse:
🟢 Fiverr – https://DaleLinks.com/Fiverr – premium freelance services for self-publishing necessities.
📝 ProWritingAid – https://DaleLinks.com/ProWritingAid – a grammar checker, style editor, and writing mentor in one package.
📚 Publisher Rocket – https://DaleLinks.com/Rocket – get your book in front of more Amazon shoppers
so you can market less and write more.
✍ Rev – https://DaleLinks.com/Rev – service provider for audio transcription, video captioning, and subtitling.

=====================

🌟 DALE’S RECOMMENDED VIDEOS 🌟
🍌 Kindle Direct Publishing Explained: Is KDP Worth It? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0hnGB1B-qg&list=PLXCkkWHluK4AWbiW5gTig6gsmKkhpCC0M
🍌 Why Are My Books Not Selling on Amazon KDP? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rold2-HCuUk&list=PLXCkkWHluK4AwWN8VAMdfqeyZ8Lzb1QqA
🍌 Audible Promo Code 2020: How to Get Free Audible Audiobooks – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv9ecvX0QCo&list=PLXCkkWHluK4AAJIFylvV7LKtLcofQjR-r&index=1

================================

Join our self-publishing community on
🔵 Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/selfpublishingbooks/
🟢 Discord – http://dalelinks.com/discord

Also follow me
🟣 Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/selfpublish
🐤 Twitter – https://twitter.com/selfpubwithdale
🔵 Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/selfpubwithdale
📷 Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/selfpubwithdale/
🔴 Email notification squad – https://DaleLinks.com/SignUp

================================

🤔 Do you have any special requests or questions? Leave a comment on this video, I respond to all comments.

================================

🔴🔴🔴 Most outbound links financially benefit me and the channel through affiliate programs. The affiliate relationship doesn’t influence my opinion since I won’t endorse programs, products, or services I don’t use or stand confidently behind. 🔴🔴🔴

• John Grit

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

I can tell you that I was making $5,000 – $10,000 a month for a few years, with fewer books on my list than I have now. Now, I average about $200 a month. They are the same books with hundreds of good reviews. But the income and reviews stopped coming. Like Amazon pushed an off button. It lasted long enough I have more in the bank than I will ever need, especially at my age. But it would be nice to leave more for my family. Amazon has even allowed people to insult me and even threaten me. The posts are removed only after I tell them I will get a lawyer. They never respond to me, much less apologize. I checked on my books once, and all the reviews were gone, the sales numbers were zero and the price was like $10,000 on my books. After I complained, it was all back to normal. No explanation. When someone insults me or threatens me, they will remove the post when I tell them about it, but never respond and epilogize. I did the smart thing, when I didn't use my real name. I would have put my family in danger. Socialists, Communists, racists, and Jew-haters, hate my books.

• Dan24

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

One question I've not been able to get an answer on yet: if I have a full-time job and want to self-publish a book, don't I have to be self-employed to do so…? Obviously I'll be making a new source of income from this in theory so are there are guidelines of how to properly approach this? (the last thing I would want to do is self-publish a book seemingly willy-nilly, start to make money from it and then find out I needed to declare that income in some now and now I'm stuck with tax fines etc.) I'm extremely new to this world and although exciting, I just have no idea what to expect outside of the actual publishing process. Any pointers would help.

• F.READY PUBLISHING

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Wow I wasn't aware of some of these things

• William Diaz

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Just published my first kids book in both English and Spanish… I'm excited to make more

• Bridget Butler

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

The matchbook program has been retired, correct?

• Mike Wazowski

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

So what's the fine print with Amazon? Do they get 30% of the sales only or is there some hidden clause which allow them to control future printings? movie rights?

• Andrey Androv

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Great video Dale! At some point you said "don't rely only on Amazon" – what are the alternatives to Amazon? Do you mean selling the books through our own website? How viable is that, is it a popular method among self-pub authors?

• Amazon Jungle Spirit

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Thanks for all your help Dale. I'm ready to publish, I have my KDP account all set up since a while. Just wondering if you could please provide any info wrt the following. Can I self-publish on KDP and other platforms at the same time? Like apple books, or I don't even know the options. Can I opt out of expanded distribution on KDP, but then upload my book on Ingramspark at the same time? or Lulu and sell through shopify via my website? thanks so much. Jay

• Judy Ramsook

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

you provide us with lots of useful information

• Judy Ramsook

• Judy Ramsook

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Will it be worth it to do an audiobook if the ebook and paperback versions of my book is not selling well at all?

• olgamoraiti olmamor

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

If I would make the same money, I wouldn’t do self publishing! Less headache when someone else does it and more free time for me for creative work… Great video, thank you for the advise!

• Henry Ellis

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Thank you Dale, I have co-authored previously with ` Trafford Publishing ` with " Positive Aikido " – This time we decided to try ` Amazon Publishing ` our new new book " Founding of JuJutsu, Judo & Aikido in the UK " ( Abdul Rashid & Henry Ellis ) The book was published a month ago and the results and feedback are great, we are really pleased with every aspect of the book, thank you to Amazon .

• lili rodriguez

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

I came on here because I want to self publish the book im working on. Great video. I want to publish this book but I want to do it correctly. For me I just want to protect my material because I've worked hard. Do I need to copyright it first?

• Saumya Srivastava

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Can I publish an incomplete book on KDP? And does everyone who publishes get paid?

• Yuyugen Rose

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

If anyone has self published a book on Amazon, pls tell me the title of the book here, my goal is to self publish a book on Amazon and I’d love to see other’s work and help out some fellow authors!

• Hugh Dixon

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

I prefer to self publish.

• aman savant

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Hi Dale, thank-you very much for this video, it's very informative. I'd like to ask you, if an author publishes his work on Amazon, does Amazon obtain the rights for the material or they stay with him?

• Benjamin

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

I’d rather self publish 9/10.. that being said I haven’t published anything (yet) lol also totally agreed how much the market has changed… unless your name is Einstein or Kardashian idk why anyone would traditionally publish. But that’s just me!

• Alicia Landry

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Great video and thanks for the advice. I did find the slow zoom-ins were distracting from what you were saying, so I would remove those zoom-ins, but I appreciate you taking the time for this video to help others.

• Nicolò Tosarello

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Sorry I am confused: you listed 70% royalties as a pro and 35% as a con… so which is which?

• Lorenzo Nesler

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Great info. Looking forward to publish my book and get people to enjoy it.

• Kikiberry

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

I've been considering self-publishing for quite some time, and your videos are absolutely amazing in learning about its process. Keep up the awesome work. Thank you. ^^
    Also, if I may ask, do you happen to know how to go about publishing across different platforms? Such as Barnes and Noble Press and KDP? I utterly adore the hardcovers from B&N Press, while the wide distribution on Amazon. Is it a matter of purchasing your own ISBN's from each platform? Like 2 for KDP, such as for eBook and Paperback. Then, 2 for B&N Press for Paperback and Hardcover?

• Sam Wijesinghe

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Published my very first short story on kindle two days ago. Very excited and also a little nervous about what’s in store for me in the future. I’m watching great informative videos like these to learn how to boost sales and establish my brand. It’s all about making those small steps to success

• Anwesha Deb

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

This video is very useful. Thank you specially for the cons part. I am about to publish a book through KDP and this is the first authentic and helpful video I came across clearing all the issues going on inside me. You surely know a lot.

• Antonio Marquez

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Am trying to put out my Spiritual comic book on Amazon but been really nervous about it and now am starting to make a YouTube channel of my ART hopefully it gets attention 😥

• Nappy Scribe

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Is it possible to publish a small newspaper on Amazon?

• dramadonna

Watched this too! 👏🏼

• Tomecca Williams

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

Is the 60 day payout the same for self published print books as well?

• I love you a bunch of Bananas Teddy&Sammy

January 8, 2021 - 5:38 am

I have finished my most recent novel (200,000 words, worked on it for 8 years), going through it once more. And now I'm not 100% sure what to do.